After posting a How-to on Lockdown, here's how you can use Lockdown PE to protect your files. Just follow the simple step-by-step procedure to encrypt your HDD using Lockdown PE.
- Insert your 2.5'' HDD or SDD on the data enclosure.
- Connect it to your PC and "1_USB connected" will light up
- After a few seconds, if you are using a new HDD, "2_Input new password, and press 'Enter' button" will light up and input your 4-8 digit password and press enter. If you're already using a HDD with password encryption, After entering your password, you can now use your device.
- Re-enter your password and and press enter to continue
- Once password encryption is completed, you need to initialize your HDD to be able to use your hard drive
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management then go to Disk Management.
- Right-click on the unknown drive and select "Initialize Disk" to begin partitioning and formatting process.
- Select MBR (Master Boot Record) and click OK.
- After Initialization is complete, right-click on the driver details and select "New Simple Volume"
- New Simple Volume Wizard will come up. Click next, rename Volume Label to "Capella" and click finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully encrypted your device.
as same with Lockdown PE, you need to first back up your files/data before starting password encryption as, the process will erase all of your data on your HDD.
Lockdown PE is best used for people who are on a budget but still want to keep their personal files safe and secure. Lockdown PE is ideal for keeping your school, office, financial and personal data secured. For more information kindly like us on facebook or send us an email at email@example.com
Capella Philippines will not be held liable for any data lost before, during, or after data encryption.